Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Academic Photo Shoot


Repetition
1. I think i followed the rule well for this one
2. It is the pattern of the bench in the courtyard
3. It is not too clear since it is only focused on the pattern so it might be hard for the people to guess what it is right away.


Simplicity
1. Maybe I could of made the picture look a little more simple but I think I still did a fairly good job.
2. The subject is the arts building.
3. I think the subject is obvious in this picture
4. I could of gotten more sky and less of trees and the designs on the bottom on the building


Rule of Thirds
1. I think the rule was well followed but there could of have been a better picture.
2. The main subject is the teacher.
3. The subject is not too clear because of everything else that is going on on the picture.
4. I could of made the subject a lot more obvious.


Balance
1. I think I followed the rule well by showing the shapes in this picture.
2. The main subject is the big white shape in the middle
3. The subject is clear for this picture.


Contrast
1. The rule is well followed for this picture.
2. The main subject are the two trees.
3. I believe the subject is clear.
4. I could of only gotten the trees in the picture and nothing of the building.


Leading Lines
1. I think the rule was well followed for this photo.
2. The main subject is the two lines that lead you down the rode.
3. The subject is obvious in this photo.

Academic Photo Shoot Reflection


1. What challenges did you encounter while trying to get the photos following the rules I set out for you?
It was hard to figure out creative ways to portray the different pictures.
2. What technical aspects of photography or the assignment in general (focus, framing, holding the camera, etc.) did you find yourself thinking about the most? Provide a specific example of what you did to do this correctly. 
I had to take my time focusing the pictures correctly so i just set the camera on auto-focus
3. If you could do the assignment again, what would you do differently now that you know some basic rules of photography?
I would try to stay more focused on taking pictures and not just walk around
4. What things would you do the same?
keep trying to be creative and not always come back with the same pictures.
5. When you go out with your next set of prompts, which rule do you think will be the easiest to achieve?
Leading lines is always a pretty easy and nice picture to take.
6. Which rule do you think will be the hardest to capture?
Forced Mergers is usually one I can't find, specially around campus.
7. What rule are you still not totally clear on and what can you do to figure out what that rule is?
Forced Mergers is a little unclear to me but i know by asking the instructor it will clear up for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment